August 1, 2014

July 2014 Birchbox Review

July 2014 Birchbox - intrice.blogspot.com
July 2014 Birchbox


July 2014 Birchbox - intrice.blogspot.com
July 2014 Birchbox
Here is the long awaited review of products I received in my July 2014 Birchbox. I compiled everything into one review including snapshots of each individual item from this box. I hope this helps you to learn more about whether the items are a good fit for you.

 Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Moisturizer


Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Moisturizer - intrice.blogspot.com

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Moisturizer - intrice.blogspot.com

The Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Moisturizer is a hidden gem. This moisturizer has a very sweet lemon scent like lemon candy. I applied this at night and woke up the next morning to radiant glowing dewy skin. The fine lines and crow's feet around my eyes were also less apparent after just one use. I am seriously considering adding this to my facial regimen once my sample size is used up. :D Out of all the products I tried for July's box, this one is my favorite.
Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser
Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser - intrice.blogspot.com

Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser - intrice.blogspot.com

Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser - intrice.blogspot.com

The Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser is dry in the pot and you add a few drops of water to form a rich lather. It is a sweet citrus scent that is just heavenly. After the first wash, you immediately feel your skin become very soft and supple to the touch.

What I liked the most about this cleanser is that its granules are not too rough after you mix it with water. The best way to apply this is to scoop a dime size amount into the palm of your hand then add a few drops of water and mix it with your finger. Make sure you give it a few seconds to become frothy or else you could easily irritate your skin if the granules didn't have enough time to soften or dissolve a little. Compared to other facial exfoliating cleansers on the market, this one is very gentle and I would recommend it for sensitive skin. 

No. 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect
No.4 Super Comb Prep & Protect - intrice.blogspot.com

The No.4 Super Comb Prep and Protect is formulated specifically for heat styling. When I tested this out flat ironing and blow drying my hair, the end result was sleek and shiny hair. At first I thought it wasn't working in helping deal with my flyaway frizz but after an hour maybe only 5 strands of flyaways still remained. I would say that is not bad compared to other hair products similar to No. 4 Super Comb Prep and Protect.

It also worked well as a detangler where upon application the tangles that usually appear on my hair ends undid itself more easily as opposed to when I didn't use it. After giving it enough time to absorb into my hair, I was amazed at how soft it felt. I would describe it as fluffy pillowy soft and couldn't believe it was my hair.

The No. 4 Super Comb Prep and Protect does have a strong musky perfume scent mixed with a chemical smell similar to Thermasilk's Heat Protector. At first I was put off by this but I think I can deal with it if it gives me such great results. The scent of this becomes much sweeter throughout the day.

Ofra Eyebrow Pencil in Universal 

Ofra Eyebrow Pencil - intrice.blogspot.com

Ofra Eyebrow Pencil - intrice.blogspot.com

Ofra Eyebrow Pencil - intrice.blogspot.com

The Ofra Eyebrow Pencil in Universal is a brown that won't leave a harsh look where it's obvious you filled in your brows. I would call this a nice taupe and you can easily adjust the intensity of the color by how much pressure you use when applying. Draw light to produce a light brown or press a little harder to create a darker brown.

This pencil also has a very smooth gel consistency that doesn't tug on the skin while applying clean strokes. With the various eyebrow pencils available on Birchbox, Ofra is one of the least expensive ones but has the results of a pricier eyebrow pencil. 

100% Pure Gingerade Shower Gel

100% Gingerade Shower Gel - intrice.blogspot.com

This shower gel smelled like grapefruit to me more than a combination of ginger and lemonade and is a clear gel. I didn't like the 100% Pure Gingerade Shower Gel because it left my skin feeling very dry after use despite it claiming to have aloe. 

The amount from the two small packets was also not enough to wash from head to toe. Luckily, if you purchase the full size of this shower gel it comes in a large bottle but even then you will need a lot of product to get a good lather. 

I wouldn't recommend this product because it doesn't work well and doesn't moisturize your skin at all even though it claims to do so. Both Dove and Olay body wash out performs this tenfold. I have tried 100% Pure's other products and really liked them but this one was a disappointment.

Have you tried any of these products before? What was your reaction?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top