August 4, 2014

Review: Rock Your Hair "Spray It Hard Big Volume Hair Spray"

Rock Your Hair Spray It Hard Big Volume Hair Spray - intrice.blogspot.com
*Received from Swaggable.com


Rock Your Hair Spray It Hard Big Volume Hair Spray - intrice.blogspot.com
Easy to use traditional hair spray bottle design

Got this as a free sample from Swaggable.com, which is a website that lets you sign up for free samples for various brands including those that are start-up companies. I never heard of Rock Your Hair before I got this but was interested to try it out. I actually saw it in Marshalls in the haircare section after writing this review. Let's see if it gave me volume and lasting hold...

I used this after doing a blow out for my hair, which is all about getting volume into my normally flat hair. With a couple sprays, I was out the door. By the end of the day, I was surprised at how well this worked. It gave my hair lasting hold all day long even in high humidity weather.

What I didn't like though is that this hair spray has a very strong smell that didn't fade much after a few hours. When using it, try not to spray too much because it will harden you hair giving it that plastic look. Definitely spray liberally. If you want to pull off some retro 80's style hair, this is not a bad choice to keep it in place.

Another thing that bothered me about the Rock Your Hair hairspray was that it was a bit hard to shampoo out afterwards. I had to shampoo twice to get it completely out. I guess that is the price you pay to have a hairstyle that will last all day. 

In the end, I wouldn't really recommend this hairspray unless you have a really good clarifying shampoo to help you remove the product out completely. Why? It is because you will end up with a crazy head of the hair the next day and it will weigh it down. So for people like me with an oily scalp/flat hair + leftover hairspray = not a flattering combination.

[From a marketing perspective on the packaging...]
In terms of the creativity of Rock Your Hair's attempt to define itself and stand out from the crowd of the already populated styling accessories market, you can easily identify it because it has little imitation diamond studs glued onto the can in their logo. 

I really like the font choices too that were used for this. The font for "Rock Your Hair" has an edgy vibe to it to contribute to its brand identity. Also, the font styles and sizes used on this sample are very easy to read despite the small size of this can.

Rock Your Hair Spray It Hard Big Volume Hair Spray - intrice.blogspot.com
Front View of Rock Your Hair "Spray It Hard Big Volume Hair Spray"


Rock Your Hair Spray It Hard Big Volume Hair Spray - intrice.blogspot.com
Ingredients List for Rock Your Hair "Spray It Hard Big Volume Hair Spray"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top