January 14, 2015

Review: Ryeo CheogAmo Deep Cleansing Shampoo and Conditioner (Green Bottle)

ryoe deep cleansing shampoo and conditioner green bottle - photo credit: intrice.blogspot.com

Ryeo is a drugstore brand in South Korea specializing in hair care products. I remember seeing this when I visited Seoul and was looking for a hair dye kit at one of the drugstores. At the time, I couldn't buy a Ryeo Shampoo and Conditioner set to take back home to the states because of lack of luggage space. I was happy to find it again and see it was available on one of my favorite Asian beauty online retailers, iMomoko.com.

How this hair care line is very different than ones you find in America is that it combines asian herbal remedies into their shampoo and conditioner formulas to promote hair health. Ryeo has 5 versions types of shampoos and conditioners targeting the these problem areas:

- Brown: Hair Root Care
- Blue: Dandruff
- Green: Dry Scalp
- Red: Damaged Hair
- Purple: Anti-Hair Loss


Photo Credit: Ryohair.com
The one I purchased from iMomoko is the green one (Ryeo Deep Cleansing Shampoo and Conditioner) targeting dry itchy scalp and deep cleans hair. After researching, I was in between buying this or the purple one, which supposedly prevents hair loss. 

At the time of the photos for this post, I had long hair and noticed there was a lot more hair appearing in the drain. When it did come time to order online the shampoo and conditioner, the purple one was sold out so that left me with green. The haircare set I bought came with 2 shampoos and 1 conditioner.

The pump part of the bottle are the shapes of ancient Korean hair brooches. I thought these added details made the bottles look very pretty. For the shampoo bottle, it is transparent so you can easily track how much is left in the bottle but for the conditioner you can't really see what amount is left.

ryoe deep cleansing shampoo and conditioner green bottle - photo credit: intrice.blogspot.com
Photo Credit: Intrice Blog (intrice.blogspot.com)

On the left side is a swatch of the Ryeo Deep Cleansing Shampoo, which is a clear gel with small green microbeads. On the right side is a swatch of the Ryoe Deep Cleansing Conditioner. which is white creamy conditioner.

ryoe deep cleansing shampoo and conditioner green bottle - photo credit: intrice.blogspot.com
Photo Credit: Intrice Blog (intrice.blogspot.com)

:: Before ::
ryoe deep cleansing shampoo and conditioner green bottle - before - photo credit: intrice.blogspot.com
Photo Credit: Intrice Blog (intrice.blogspot.com)
The before photo is my how my hair looked when I woke up and I used 
Head and Shoulders Shampoo the day before. Looks very flat and limp.

:: After ::
ryoe deep cleansing shampoo and conditioner green bottle - before - photo credit: intrice.blogspot.com
Photo Credit: Intrice Blog (intrice.blogspot.com)
This is how my hair looked after using Ryeo Deep Cleansing Shampoo and Conditioner. I would say that my hair felt silky, soft and not like straw. There was a lot more shine and a boost in volume. My hair looks a lot less dull in color compared to the "before" photo. For this photo, I blow dried my hair without using any styling products and clipped back my bangs with a bobby pin.

Very pleased with the results from just one use. When using the shampoo, my hair did not get tangled, feel like straw, or get dried out . The scent for the green version is minty and musky where it reminded me of male version shampoos and body wash scents. My scalp did get a minty tingle but the more often you use it, it feels less intense than the first time. 

When using the conditioner, it was not too greasy or oily and it rinsed out with only a little residue leftover on my skin. This is not a heavy or thick hair conditioner but after using it my hair felt very hydrated and smooth.

After using this for a couple months, my first shampoo bottle is just this month approaching its end. The conditioner has a quarter left over. I havn't opened the second one yet. I bought this shampoo around summer time of last year and use it 5 days a week. The amount of my hair falling out lessened too once I started using the Ryeo shampoo and conditioner.

For more information and to see other Ryeo products, their official website is www.ryohair.com (the website is in Korean though.)


Ryeo CheogAmo Deep Cleansing Shampoo and Conditioner (Green Bottle)
Retails:  $25.00 (2 Shampoos x 1 Conditioner) at imomoko.com

*On iMomoko.com they sell the red, green, and purple version of Ryeo Shampoo and Conditioner in hair care sets. You can also find Ryeo products on Amazon.com or Ebay.com

Have you tried any hair shampoos and conditioners from Asia? 
What is your favorite brand?
Share your thoughts with me in the comments.

x Carol

3 comments:

  1. Oh this is a really well written review, Carol! I've never heard of this brand before but it's good to know that you actually notice the differences with the shampoo and conditioner. I'll check the purple range because I am suffering some hair loss after the baby. Thank you for the recommendation, appreciate it.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad my review was helpful Shireen. :)

      Delete
  2. Great as always! Cool looking bottles too.

    Shea

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top