March 6, 2015

Review: 100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream

100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream - Photo Credit: Intrice Blog - intrice.blogspot.com

100% Pure is a skincare brand that uses only natural ingredients in their products. I purchased the 100% Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream because I was browsing on Birchbox and saw that this product was one of the more affordable eye creams on the website. I wanted an eye cream to help with puffiness and dark circles and this seemed like it could solve these problem areas so I got it.


100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream - Photo Credit: Intrice Blog - intrice.blogspot.com
100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream tube in relation to packaging.

The 100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream is in a tube with a pump top with a plastic cap to prevent it from accidentally getting pushed if you tossed it into your makeup bag or travel bag. I really like this unique design for this eye cream because it allows you to easily dispense the cream while leaving it free from germs. You would not want to risk getting an eye infection when sticking your finger into jar creams. 


100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream - Photo Credit: Intrice Blog - intrice.blogspot.com
The eye cream sits tightly inside the tube.

Their products are all vegan-friendly, gluten-free, and never tested on animals. The paper tube that the 100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream comes in can be repurposed too! I used mine to hold my makeup pencils such as eyeliners, lip liners, and lip crayons. 

100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream - Photo Credit: Intrice Blog - intrice.blogspot.com
100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream - Ingredients List
Review:
When applying the eye cream on my skin, it felt very moisturizing and helped in reducing the fine lines appearing under my eyes. The first thing you will notice is how strong the scent is for this eye cream. It smells like a fresh cup of brewed coffee and will definitely awaken your senses in the morning. 

Sadly, it didn't do much for my black circles though. I used this for about a month and I couldn't see them getting lighter. As an anti-puffing cream, it made my eye puffiness less noticeable but they don't go down immediately after applying. When I looked at myself in the mirror later on in the day, my eyes looked less tired.

I think as a daily eye cream, it does enough to rejuvenate the eye area if you are just starting to see signs of fine lines or have dry spots. If you want something to miraculously fix dark under eyes, this is a product you will want to skip.

100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream
Retails: $19.00 (Birchbox.com)

For more information about 100% Pure and their products you can visit their website at www.100percentpure.com.


Overall Rating: 3/5
Dark Circles: 1 - Puffiness: 3 - Moisturizing: 5 - Fine Lines: 4

What is your current or favorite eye cream? :)
Leave me a comment.

x Carol 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing a review of this, Carol! I'd been thinking about buying it, but now I think I'll skip it because I've found another eye cream I like and I don't really like the scent of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the coffee scent can be a turn off for some people. What eye cream are you using Shea?

      Delete
  2. I use the same cream. I think my favorite part of it is the smell. Delicious. However, I didn't get much in the fixing dark circle department either. Major bummer.
    www.divaandthedivine.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch, for that price I would expect it to do a little more. I personally find that Strivectin eye cream is still the best but it is pricey. However, it does come in 30mL instead of the normal 15mL so I guess it's worth it.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top