September 23, 2014

Review: Derma e Hydrating Mist with Hyaluronic Acid


Derma e is a skincare brand that makes its products using only organic natural ingredients with an added boost of vitamins (like vitamins A or E) to help uplift your skin. This is one of my favorite brands because it doesn't contain harsh chemicals that will cause damage to our bodies over time. 


With Derma e you can have peace of mind that what you are using is paraben-free, phthalate-free, GMO-free, gluten-free, sodium lauryl sulfate-free, petrolatum-free, mineral oil-free and dye-free. Their products are also cruelty free, vegan friendly, and eco-friendly too. :)


I never really used face mists before but was very interested in trying this one because of all the good things I mentioned above for the brand. The Derma e Hydrating Mist with Hyaluronic Acid was one of my samples from my Birchbox subscription and it is the full size 2 fl oz spray bottle. On the box, it says you can use this as a last step for setting your makeup besides using it as a "pick me up" moisturizer on days you need to feel "refreshed".

The first thing you will notice with this face mist is that it has a light baby fragrance similar to scented baby powder. This contains hyaluronic acid, which is something naturally found in our bodies but the body produces less of it as we age. It is what helps our skin to look supple

After spraying this mist, your face will feel a small tingle (maybe that is the hyaluronic acid working?) and it will feel very cooling. Almost instantly, the mist absorbs into your skin. After using this, I noticed my complexion looked hydrated (plumper?) and glowing. I guess you can describe it as a dewy appearance. 

My skin type is combination with some parts dry and some parts oily. I didn't have issues with my skin being more oily or feeling greasy after using this. I have to admit when I was using the Derma e Hydrating Mist, I had my eyes closed and felt a little anxious spraying something onto my face, lol. 

One or two spritzes was enough for me, don't go overboard or you will have it dripping down your face like you are in the rain. You also have to hold it the right distance away from the face too to avoid this. 

For the hot weather in Florida, this is going to be an essential on days when it is too hot outside (which is almost always) because I did feel "refreshed" every time I used it. I consider this to be effective and budget friendly because this bottle will last you quite a while too. :)

I tried to find this particular face mist on the Derma e website but only found it in a travel pack or combo pack. Maybe they are changing the packaging or renaming it to something else. You can still purchase this specific one at the places I listed below.

If you aren't sure about this version being the one for you, Derma e has other varieties with different ingredients and you can search by target areas without getting a headache on their website (another reason why I like this brand.)

Have you tried this yet or other facial mists? What did you think about it? 
Tweet me @intriceblog or leave me a comment. :D

Retails: $13.50 on Birchbox.com 
Also available at:  Sally Beauty stores (call to check though if they have this one in stock)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top