October 1, 2014

Review: Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser


Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser - intrice.blogspot.com
Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser (Full Size)

Biore is most known for its blackhead removing nose strips but it also carries a budget friendly skincare line. It is owned by Kao, a Japanese MNC similar in size to like Proctor & Gamble or Unilever. I decided to try out the Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser because I started noticing blackheads appearing on places besides my nose. What caught my attention is that this product is also oil-free! Great for people with combination/oily skin like me. 


Now lets talk about ingredients. 

Active Ingredients
- Charcoal Powder
"Draw out and trap 2x more dirt and impurities than a basic cleanser with this innovative black cleanser that foams white and rinses clean. Infused with Japanese Skin Purifying Technology, this facial cleanser gives you results after just one use! -- Biore.com"
Supposedly, black charcoal is able to get deep down into pores to remove blackheads and other impurities hidden inside the skin hence why there are charcoal masks, charcoal scrubs, charcoal soaps, and the like in so many skincare lines even ones targeting men. However, please refrain from taking an actual piece of charcoal and rubbing it on your face because those are not sanitized and put through a process safe for skin. This also doesn't mean that all products saying it contains charcoal will all work effectively.

*I also want to note that this does contain sulfates and parabens.


Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser - intrice.blogspot.com
Swatch of Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser 

Here is a swatch of the Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser, it is not as dark as you would expect. It's like a transparent grey gel with bits of black (maybe that is the charcoal powder?). You do not need as much as I have in the swatch to cover your face with the cleanser. I just put a lot for taking this picture so you can see the consistency better.


Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser - intrice.blogspot.com
Here is how it looks when applied on skin. :)

When applying to the skin, you can see that you will not pick up as much of the black specks and it is mostly just the grey gel. What I was most surprised about with this cleanser is that it is very minty and really wakes you up in the morning when you rinse with cold water. I love peppermint and love that tingling sensation

I wet my skin first with warm water to open up my pores and then applied it so it adheres better. This cleanser doesn't foam too much and while you rinse it off you can feel its gooeyness on your hands. After you pat yourself dry, you can see your complexion is smooth and tight.

My combination skin didn't feel too dry but it doesn't leave it completely moisturized. Your skin feels soft afterwards just not super soft. I didn't get shiny hours later either. After using this a couple times, I did see less and less blackheads around my nose but it didn't totally wipe them all out in one go. The visible pores on my cheeks shrank a tiny bit after use but does not completely erase them.

I would use this on days I feel most oily or when I see a build up of blackheads. I don't think I would use this daily even though it says you could because it can dry out your skin from using it consecutive days in a row. 

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who has dry skin because it might strip even more of the moisture out because it's a strong minty cleanser.

On the amount of charcoal this has, I would rank it as being very low. I have used other charcoal containing products and felt those produced more immediate results like the Origin's Charcoal Mask.


What do you think of skincare containing charcoal? Have you tried this cleanser?
Leave me a comment or a tweet @intriceblog :)

-----------------------------------------

Retails: $6.49 (Target)

Where it's available: 
I purchased mine from Target and it's available at most local stores that have a skincare aisle. 
If you go to Ulta, you can buy it there and get points towards your card. 

For more information about this product, here is the official website: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top